What is Fresh Ordering?
Fresh Ordering helps grocers sell fresh and waste less. This unique system is the only one capable of replenishing the backroom of all fresh food departments, regardless of how the items are sourced, used in fresh production, or sold on the floor. If that doesn’t sound like magic to you, then consider what else the Fresh Ordering module can do:
- Uncovers hidden labor, decreases cost, and reduces waste.
- Transforms fresh ordering processes into simplified, sustainable, and measurable operational efficiency that’s best-in-class.
- Provides access and insight with built-in reports, such as configurable order compliance and audit reporting.
- Works paperlessly, allowing your team to access up-to-date information and communicate in a timely and efficient manner.
Remember: ordering is not just about keeping the right items in stock but also making the most sense out of an entire system! Let’s break down Fresh Ordering into five elements.
Fresh Intelligent Forecasting
Accurately forecast your future fresh food backroom requirements based on retail item movements, demand, and operations data. This ensures a single source of correct information when assessing long-range forecasting.
Inventory Management Integration
Integrate with real-time fresh backroom inventory and balance the quantities you already have on hand. With this, you’ll receive the most accurate recommendations for order replenishment, effectively reducing over/under ordering.
Autonomous Order Processing
For ingredients that are used on one or more in-store or commissary-produced recipes, you can generate consolidated replenishment requirements from our Recipe Management module. You’ll also be able to integrate with and configure ordering and delivery schedules with your suppliers, whether they’re retailer-operated distribution centers or independent direct store suppliers.
Tracking, Alerting, and Reporting
Our Fresh Ordering module system has a suite of high-performing tracking and notification capabilities, including:
- Capturing real-time shrink and production data, balancing on-hand quantities, and providing replenishment recommendations to meet demand and reduce over/under ordering.
- Tracking and measuring your supply level to alert you when they’re below the required levels needed to ensure high in-stock rates and maximized sales opportunities.
- Giving you access to built-in reports such as configurable order compliance and audit reporting.
- Measuring the performance quality of your in-store operators, ensuring alignment with best practices and reinforcing the core principle that “good execution equals good results”.
- Corporate visibility into supply and allocation days.
Process orders independent of approvals. This allows more autonomous processes that aren’t completely dependent on actions from in-store operators. You’ll also benefit from more accurate control over what can be ordered at certain stores.
To summarize, the accuracy and effectiveness of your store’s ordering process affect the entire supply chain – from the buyer to the consumer. Not only does it affect shelf availability, but it also impacts how items are stored, produced in-store, the waste they produced, and future sales. With the Fresh Ordering module, stakeholders across all parts of the chain will be able to cut costs and reveal labor inefficiencies (in a today’s tight labor market), all the while saving time through smart automation.
Now, that’s magic!